There’s no school like the old school, and I’m a big fan of so-called old-fashioned products when it comes to my beauty regime. I’ve already blogged about my love for Sudocrem (which Sudocrem the company loved by the way!), so here’s another love of mine – Vaseline!
Yup, that’s right, the Vaseline petroleum jelly that’s been around since 1860 still does business in my view. I always have some to reach whether in my bathroom cabinet or my handbag. It has so many uses –
- It’s great for moisturising. And I don’t just mean chapped lips, I’m talking everything, from hands to elbows to heels. Slather it on!
- It can tame crazy eyebrows. When your brows get unruly, slick some Vaseline on to smooth them.
- Use it on feet with hard skin. Slap some on, pop a plastic bag over the top and watch some Corrie. When you take the bags off, your tootsies will look like new. You can even leave it on overnight for major moisturisation.
- Vaseline makes a great cuticle softener.
- Apply a little to the apples of your cheeks for that dewy 70s Charlie’s Angels look.
- Combine with the remnants of your lipstick to make it last a little longer.
And just in case beauty isn’t your thing, it has other uses too –
- Vaseline helps stop bottles and jars from getting stuck tight it you smear some on.
- If you have a watermark on a piece of wooden furniture, put some Vaseline on it and let it sit overnight. In the morning, wipe the watermark away with more petroleum jelly.
Maybe you have some further uses for it? If so, leave it in the comments section and share the knowledge!