Whether you’ve waved goodbye to that naughty tash, tackled that back hair, or you’ve gone all in and had your lady garden transformed, here are some top tips from Madame Wax on how you can keep that luxurious smooth feeling for even longer.
- NO NO NO – Avoid swimming, sun exposure, hot showers/baths, exercise, deodorants, lotions or potions for at least 24 hours after your wax treatment.
- Moisturise moisturise moisturise! – after 24 hours if you keep up a daily moisturising ritual your skin will become more supple which further reduces the chance of those pesky ingrown hairs. So, use a lotion or oil to quench that thirsty dry skin and keep the area hydrated. Did you get a chance to look at the range we offer in the salon? They’re amazing!
- Exfoliate – starting a few days after your wax, gently exfoliate 2-3 times a week. This will help new hairs break through the surface of the skin, reducing the chance of painful pimples so you can wave goodbye to ingrown hairs. If ingrown hairs persist, we can recommend one of our exclusive in-salon products designed especially for this problem.
- No ‘playtime’ – As tempting as it may be, no playtime for 24-48 hours after an intimate wax.
- Step away from the razor!! – shaving disrupts all the hard work that you’ve put into waxing. It’s like eating a whole chocolate cake in the middle of a detox diet. DON’T DO IT!!
- KEEP IT UP – We recommend waxing every 4-6 weeks. This way your hair will get into a nice growth cycle and we wouldn’t want to interrupt its groove now, would we?
- Don’t worry – soreness, redness and bumps are a natural reaction to waxing for some people, especially if you’re new to it. Your skin will calm after 24-48 hrs.
- Folliculitis – A common skin condition in which hair follicles become inflamed. The result is a tender red spot or white-headed pimples around hair follicles. If you are suffering from Folliculitis, we recommend you seek advice from a health care professional.
If you do have any further queries at all please feel free to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02920232560 and we can answer any questions, big or small!